Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308
Monson, ME 04464
Museum is open June through September
Wednesday, 10 - 2 & Saturday, 9 - 3
- .The Monson Hisorical Society is a 501-C(3) nonprofit organization whose purpose is to discover and collect any material or objects that may help to verify and preserve the history of the town of Monson and the surrounding towns of Elliotsville, Blanchard, and Willimantic. It shall be classified non-partisan, non-profit and non-sectarian. All donations are tax deductible.
- Our goal is to provide for the preservation of such material and its accessibility, as far as may be feasible, to all who wish to examine and study it.
- The Monson Museum is located on Main Street (Greenville Road) in Monson, right next to the town hall. Included in the collections on display are items from the Monson Narrow Gauge Railroad, military memorabilia from the Revolutionary War to the current action in Iraq, Monson Fair, Juanita Grange, a display of slate mining, the Spruce Gum business, Monson Academy trophies, Monson Band instruments and much, much more. We invite you to browse through the wonderful collection of photos, documents and scrap books. A friendly atmosphere, great volunteers and a beautiful view up Lake Hebron!
Historical Society Officers
- President / Treasurer - Glenn Poole
- Vice President - John Pullen
- Secretary - Estella Bennett
- Wayne Bennett
- Elaine Roberts
- Richard Marshall
- David Bjork
- John Pullen
- John E. Wentworth
Monson Historical Society Meetings for 2020
4/17, 5/15, 6/19, 7/17, 8/21, 9/18, 10/16
6 PM @ Historical Society